2017 Goals. 2016 Reflections

2:37 PM

My 2016 "accomplishments" weren’t a part of my plan to “set goals at the end of 2015” and accomplish them.  I’ve always wrote down monthly goals or To Do’s (particularly on Target dollar spot stationary or other writing tidbits).

I came across a post on Instagram that asked, “What did you accomplish in 2016”. For some reason it seemed like a hard question.  Initially I thought, “I didn’t accomplish anything”, but what I'm learning is that small changes matter. I’m not perfect by a long shot. I am human. Simply put, I’m a person who still has a lot of growing to do. I think my biggest challenge is I am so hard on myself (especially when it comes to accomplishing goals).  In the past, I found myself getting frustrated with the process rather than getting excited about the small steps and the growth that comes along the way.

Constant reminder: Trust. My. Process.

So as I reflect on 2016, I’ve realized that I learned a lot about myself and life. I also know what I can look forward to in 2017.

|2016   Notes|
1.       Reading| This year my goal was to read 10. I read five.  
2.       Caring about opinions of others| Such a struggle. Still growing.
3.       Blog| Although I blogged more than I did in 2015 (when I started), I still need to increase my content. 
4.       Personal growth | This year I focused on how I can enrich myself and grow personally
5.       Weaknesses and Strengths | I learned more about me and how I can use my S and W to my benefit
6.       Letting go |Holding on to things that hold no value or importance anymore 

|2017   Notes|
1.       Show more gratitude | give thanks and smile more often
2.       Reading | Read 10 or more books over the year
3.       Home | find or build a home to fit my dreams
4.       Recipes | make, print, and bind a small recipe book
5.       Travel | Go one place internationally
6.       Career | Grow professionally (utilize this MBA)
7.       Blog | Blog consistently and collaborate with other brands
8.       Spiritual | Stronger relationship with Christ and prayer 

|Note to self|

IIIt is okay to “feel how you feel”. I don’t have to change my thoughts or feelings based off someone else or their desire to be pleased. 

   I can say NO (without being a bad person)!

  Take care of me |Mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually


I would love to hear some of your goals for 2017 in the comments below!

Simply, 
W

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts