Smoked Paprika Chicken

1:11 PM


Last night was my first night testing out my new Canon T6. I am in love. My main reason for making chicken was because, I wanted to test out my camera on food. During that process, I was able to learn how to use the food setting and how to butterfly a chicken. I've seen tons of pictures online of beautiful chicken cooked this way but had never done it myself. 



The flavors reminded me of a smoked rotisserie chicken, but from the oven! It was heavenly, Two things I had to do while cooking was, add more seasoning in certain areas from where the butter based washed some away. The next thing I had to do was cook the chicken longer, because one wing was done, but the other wasn't. 
 I don't know anyone who likes dry chicken (and if you do I apologize). You don't have to worry about that with this recipe. The chicken creates is own juices, but they add moisture throughout, flavor, and a base for the bottom of the pan. As it cooks, it steams those flavors back into the bottom of the chicken giving even more moisture. Win.Win.

 Oddly, I've never taken so many pictures of a chicken before. I was so proud last night of the image quality. I think I took over 20 pictures, 

Ingredients
1 whole chicken
1 ½ tablespoon Smoked Paprika
1 ½ tablespoon Longhorn Grill seasoning (optional)
1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
1 tablespoon Cajun Seasoning
1 teaspoon Pepper
One Stick of butter
1 tablespoon Raw Honey
Preparation
1. Clean chicken thoroughly.  
2. Place chicken on a clean surface or cutting board breast side down. Start at cavity opening, cut down the side of the backbone with a pair of kitchen shears. Discard cut portion. Rinse chicken again and pat dry.
3. In a small mixing bowl, combine and mix smoked paprika, longhorn grill seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Mix.
4. Rub seasoning mix onto entire chicken focusing on the skin side.
5. Place skin side up in cast iron skillet or baking pan. Cook in oven at 350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
6. After chicken has been placed in oven, melt one stick of butter then add 1 tablespoon of honey. Mix. In thirty minute increments, brush butter mixture on chicken and place chicken back in the oven to cook. *Use remaining butter mixture to brush on chicken once fully cooked.
7. Cut, serve, and enjoy! 

You can also print this recipe here.

Xx, 
Whitney 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts