WEDDING PLANNING: PART III

3:59 PM





We're now sixty-seven days out. I can't believe a year flew by so fast!! T and I got engaged on April 8th, 2017. Our initial wedding date was set for October, but after some chit chat, we changed it to April 15th, 2018.

Over the past few months we've:

o   Ordered my invitations, addressed them (myself), and mailed them.
o    Made some DIY Bridal Shower Invitations.
o    Picked and ordered a Bridal Shower Dress.
o    Narrowed down the debate of Flowers vs. Candles.
o   Ordered the Cake.
o   Chose a "walk down the aisle" song.
o   Booked the DJ.
o   Did a final consultation with the photographer.
o   o   Had constant contact with our planner deciding on ideas and design plans.
o    Floral visits. I’m sure she’s tired of me coming by with a new photo/idea each time she sees me!  

o   Had a dress fitting. The first time I went in to get my dress looked at, it didn't hit me like it did that day. As the seamstress pinned me down, I smiled from ear to ear. Maybe it's surreal at this point?



To Do's:

o   Mail Rehearsal Dinner Invitations. These have already been made (by me of course). They just need to be printed and addressed!
o   FIND AN AFFORDABLE VIDEOGRAPHER!!!! Why is this so hard?
o   Buy Bridal Party jewelry. I have an idea, just not purchased. 
o    Prepare for Bachelorette Party! I don't know what I'm more excited for, the Shower or Bachelorette. Honestly, I have no idea where we're going. My girls have been keeping this secret to themselves pretty good. I even talked to a childhood male friend and he even knew not to spill the location. He did say, "You're going to like it". 
o   Pick a pair of heels to wear with the dress. Since I twisted my ankle last year, heels and I don't go together too well anymore. 
o   Finish the long list of DIY projects I’ve started.

Tip for the future bride or even the current bride planning her “dream wedding”:

One: Wedding planning isn't consistent butterflies and cupcakes.

It's such a tedious process that requires a person to really execute a vision, but within a budget. How is any girl supposed to execute their Pinterest Wedding within a budget? Trust me I get it.  

In all reality, it's truly a "team effort" thing. I will admit, there came a period where I was done with it. Not because I wanted it all to be "over", but it takes to get it all done 

Two: Hire a planner OR Day of Coordinator. Save yourself the hassle.

Tidbits 

This month my Maid and Matron of Honor will be hosting my Bridal Shower along with my Bridesmaids. I can't wait to share the details with you from the shower! 

Leave me some advice. Past and Recent brides, what are some wedding day tips I should consider?  Or “must-do’s”?



If you haven't visited our website, check it out here. Sign our Guestbook and let us know you came by!

Simply,
The Blaqs


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts