Galentine's Hosting Tips

9:43 AM

For years in college every February I hosted the cutest Cupcake Party in honor of Valentine’s Day. It was the perfect little celebration for a large group of friends on a college budget.


Since then I haven't been able to host around Valentine’s Day, but this year, I knew I wanted to host something small but with my girls. My girls and I got together for a Galentine’s Day & Favorite Things Brunch on a budget. I'll be the first to say hosting doesn't have to be expensive. Here are some tips for hosting for any occasion, but ways to keep the costs low. 




Tip One: Keep it Simple
   Find things around the house that you can use to decorate. It's super easy to make DIY heart shapes or decorations with the little ones. 

Décor:

I am a sucker for details. Bold reds, soft pinks, and golds were my go to. I knew I wanted to incorporate a mixture of colors and prints to reflect each guest I invited. Out decor was a mixture of pink and white florals from my local grocer and a DIY table runner with painted X and O's. 


Tip Two: Delicious Food 
    You can't have a party without food. One dish is always enough, but having a few extra sides can carry you a long way. 




Food:

For brunch, I requested each guest to bring their favorite breakfast dish. I personally love shrimp and grits. I made a simple, yet special recipe from one of my New Orleans Gal-friends. Thanks to her, it was a hit!




Tip Three: Signature Cocktail
    Gather up some cute glasses, they don't have to match, and pour a glass of your favorite wine or sparkling beverage. 

Drinks:

What’s a brunch without a mimosa? Even though I am expecting, I still wanted to make sure my guests had a signature beverage to go with their brunch. I served Pink Moscato topped with cotton candy. I purchased three red and gold carafe’s to hold the mixers: nectar and orange juice.




Extra Tip: Small Gifts of Love
    Find ways to say thank you or show love for the people important to you. 

Favorite Things:

Valentine’s Day is all about sharing the love. I felt what a more perfect way to “give love” than to bring one of your favorite things to give to another. Each guest was encouraged to bring 5 items $5 or less to share. We exchanged gifts as our way of saying "Happy Valentines" Day to each other. 




We also had a kids section, that was just for our little ones. This section allowed our kids to have their own area to play, decorate cupcakes, and color. The kids were invited to bring their own valentines cards and exchange them with a friend as their “favorite thing”. 

I hope that your Valentine's is amazing! I'd love to hear from you and if you've ever hosted a Favorite Things party or Galentines! 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This was sooo fun! The food was my favorite part. I'd love to try the recipe out myself.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts