Baby Girl, B

10:21 PM


I waited to post this blog post for a while because while I was happy about our new addition, I wasn't immediately on the baby boom of happiness when it came to the gender. I was one of those people who "desired a certain gender." Maybe it's the Type A personality and planner in me. The "likes to know and be in control." Don't get me wrong, I was and still am happy. But I also have to be honest.

Let me give you some perspective. My mother has five sisters. My father has three sisters. I have three female maternal cousins and one paternal female cousin. Thankfully I have three paternal male cousins. But you get the picture. Then I got married; to a wonderful man with two beautiful...daughters.

The first two to three months I did every prediction test I read about online. I basically became a scientist mixing my urine with cabbage and baking soda. With the help of family (going along with my craziness) I did the ring test, eye vein test, checked the Chinese and Mayan gender prediction calendar (multiple times); must I go on? Just about all of these tests, by the way, predicted a boy. Except ONE. When that one said otherwise, I completely overlooked it.

Let me make this clear, I am grateful. But I am going to be honest and say...I had desired a boy. God had other plans.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".

One thing I know for sure is that these three girls will share an amazing bond. Aniyah will teach B how to be kind and gentle. How to be helpful and a lady. Samiyah will teach B how to be adventurous and a risk taker. How to spread joy and wear fashionable clothes. In spite of my selfishness and desire to have another male in the household (& for T's sake), in April, we will welcome our baby girl, B. Our future.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts