Nursery Nook Progression: Part One

8:07 AM



It's Friday! I can't believe how fast time has been passing by. I am currently 32 weeks and Baby B is doing so well. She's extremely active, especially during the end of the school day and the evenings.

To catch you up, a few weeks ago, I started a new dresser project that has took a long pause because life has been so busy! I've been working so hard with my business lately and in between work, side projects, client meetings, and baby planning where is the time?

I am so happy that this weekend is a little slower than normal. With hopes, I'll be able to tackle a few DIY projects for our baby shower next weekend and her little area.

The Nook: 

T and I decided on a nursery nook for the baby. It took a few discussions and his knowledge on babies and newborn parenting to get me to come around, but I am glad I finally did.

Paint: 

Last month, we painted the bedroom a brighter color, Sherwin Williams Bohemian Lace. The previous color wasn't exactly the color I wanted for the room when we first moved in and painted. I was so happy to rid of that dark chalky grey.

The Dresser: 

I fell in love with this Pottery Barn Blythe Extra Wide Dresser. I just loved how sleek and simple it was. The legs give it that extra detail and the color was neutral and soft. Let me quickly add, it was completely out of our budget for a baby dresser. I couldn't fathom spending $1,100 for a dresser!

I'm not new to refurbishing, so I went to Marketplace and Offer-Up to find a similar version that I could do for less (way less) than the cost of my first love. It took a few months for me to find a similar version. I lost a few bids on Marketplace and then I found the one!

Before:



After:


It took me about a month for me to contact/buy the dresser from the seller. Once I got it home, I began working on it right away.

Last weekend, I took some time to find dresser toppers like a changing pad, a marble and gold tray for her essentials, and some wall decor to finish up the space.

The Crib:

We found a soft grey 5 in 1 baby crib from Target that we (more so I). Simple and a little traditional mixed in one. I loved that it was something that can grow with her over time.

This Weekends Plan: 

  • I plan to add the hardware back on the drawers and clean the inside one more time. 
  • Return one wall art to Home Goods and purchase a replacement. 
  • Hang mirror above dresser
  • Find a blush throw for nursing chair
  • Purchase a Gold Rod for curtains


I'd love to hear from you. How did you design your nursery or nook? What are you up to this weekend? 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts