Three Patio Refresh Must Haves

1:04 PM


No matter how much I try to brighten up our home with lighter soft neutral colors, I always steer back to my favorites. It seems like bold neutrals aren't just everyone's go to this season, but they speak to me.

For the past two months I've been working on our outdoor patio design. Compiling ideas and finding "refurbish-able" pieces to pair with new elements. Our small outdoor space is a screened in patio that needed a pick me up. After shopping around I decided on a bold, but neutral contemporary feel. A current design trend includes black, tan or white, and grey.

Here are my three top summer patio must haves

Three: Candle Holders/Lanterns

   I can imagine the number of evenings and nights we will spend as a family outside. Even though we have outdoor lights to brighten the area, we needed candle holders to keep away the bugs. I wanted a stylish option that didn't look like your typical citronella candle, but big enough to give off a good amount of light if the string lights were not on.

Two: Outdoor Rug 

   I haunted Target's website for weeks looking for the right size and priced rug. I finally decided on a white and black block rug that was simple, yet bold. Finding a rug was a big deal for me because our tile outside isn't ideal. Not to mention I was looking for a bit of contrast to add to the flooring was important. I plan to do a stacking method to combine two different rugs.

One: Large Pedestal Table

   I adore a natural wood pedestal table. Being able to gather around a table outdoors with enough space was a number one for me. I found our table online at with Facebook Marketplace. You can really find some quality items on there for reasonable prices. 

I'll be honest, my husband was not too fond of our table at first. He felt it was extremely large and wasn't accommodating for the size patio we have. As time passed, I think he came around! (I think)

Here is some Indoor/Outdoor Style Inspiration


Loving this color sequence 


Beautiful wood and black combo 

Over the next week I'll be working on finalizing patio details and getting our outdoor space ready for the Fourth. I can't wait to share my budget friendly patio makeover.

Simply, 
Whitney 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts