Fourth of July Home Tour

11:17 AM



For the past week and a half T and I have been preparing our home for the Fourth. I started with simple decor that lead into the neat idea to throw the girls a backyard movie night. The original idea came from a co-worker who shared a photo and said "I could see you doing this". I immediately fell in love with the idea. I told her I loved the idea of doing it, but it had to be inside. I don't like being hot! 

When I first started gathering ideas, I had the plan to prepare everything inside our living room but on an empty wall. But after consideration, whats the fun in that? 

I shared the idea with T and he quickly fell on board (my number one supporter). He ordered a projector and helped me pick some cute decor from FB Marketplace. That's when all the plans started to really come in place. 

So far, we've made a few signs, purchased our snacks, picked our movie, and prepared our food menu. 

Here is why we're going all out for movie night: 

1. Unforgettable Memories. I want the girls to have memories that last a lifetime. Unconventional random family moments. I can't wait to see their faces and spend quality time in a different way. I want the girls to look back on their childhood and say "My mom did some weird stuff, but I liked it. I remember the time when..." That's what means the most to me in any project I do.


2. Fireworks. While we aren't spending hundreds of dollars on fireworks, we are able to see a great show from our neighborhood. Setting up outside allows us to prepare for a firework show during/immediately following our movie. 



3. Traditions. Our second favorite family holiday is the Fourth of July. Maybe because of me and my desire to decorate, but I think gathering together, eating great foods, and summer sum up why I love it so much. Celebrating each year isn't only an old-time tradition, but one that I plan to share with our littles, but in our own way. 

While we continue to prepare for our own little celebration here is some of our Fourth decor. 









Have you ever held a movie night in your backyard? If so, share some tips!

Simply,

 Whitney

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts