Part 2: Why we chose a Nursery Nook

5:12 PM




Transitioning to a family of five was not difficult change, but like anyone takes planning. My husband has two daughters, so adding a third to the bunch was a easy move for him. He had tons of previous experience with those late night feedings and sleep checks throughout the night. Me on the otherhand, I had to get my Type A personality in check and mentally prepare for all of those If's, And's and Buts of newborn life. As we were discussing where Blake would go, we had a difference of opinion. At first, I'll be honest I was not happy about putting B in our room.

After multiple discussions and her birth, it only took me one week to realize he was right. I'm not sure if I've even admitted that to him! Understand, this is what works for our family and accommodates us! In the future I am sure she will have her own room/area, but for now, it completely works for our needs and I love how it all came together. 

In my quest to design a functioning Nursery Nook, I wanted a soft grey dresser with beautiful legs! I came across this Pottery Barn dresser and knew I wanted it. But then, the price. 


Image result for pottery barn extra wide blythe dresser
The dresser retails for $1,184. Completely out of our budget. 

As I searched online with a resell site I came across a dresser that was the perfect resemblance. I was able to snag her for $55!
Before

The dresser was full of oil, dirt, grit, and hair. I was able to clean it fully (after about 4 hours) with a toothbrush and Softscrub. That stuff works wonders. 

I was able to turn that into this by using my go-to Rust-Oleum spray paint.  

After

I honestly can't believe how well everything came together. 
 I was able to mix a little bit of old with a little bit of new.




I found this stylish chair at Home Goods on Clearance. 
I watched it for three weeks before making a purchase. I wanted a chair that she could grow with, but also had detail!
I kept the original hardware for the top and switched the bottom accents with knobs ordered on Amazon.
This light stand is an old piece from our living room. 

 I adore marble trays and gold accents. This purchase was a no brainier for her baby changing essentials. 
  




What do you think of our nook? Look out for details of how I restored this dresser using Rust-Oleum Spray paint

Simply, Whitney

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts